Make the most of your storage experience!
Carolina Forest Storage is here to help you make the most of your storage experience. We are committed to providing quality storage solutions and we hope these tips will enable you to expedite your move efficiently! As always, our representatives are available to provide additional information. Remember! Our agents are available to accept/sign for deliveries and hold them for pickup. Please Contact us prior to arranging deliveries to ensure efficient service
Preparing for the move
If possible, visit your storage unit for an inspection prior to arrival. This will enable you to become familiar with our facilities. You may also use this time to create a customized list of things you will need in order to complete your move. Items to consider: A high quality lock that will not rust or corrode, moving accessories such as bubble wrap, moving boxes, tape, drop cloths, mattress and furniture drapes/covers, sturdy boxes, rope, bungees, etc.
Maximize your storage space!
To get the most out of your storage space and to ensure ease of access to your belongings we recommend the following:
- Whenever possible, create a well defined internal perimeter or walkway within your storage unit to provide ease of access to your items. This perimeter should allow for access on all sides including the rear of your storage unit.
- Place items you plan to access frequently in the front of your unit, with larger and more valuable items placed in the rear/back of your unit. Store fragile items close together.
- Break down or disassemble bulky/awkward shaped items such as tables (by folding or removing legs) to conserve space. Items such as sofas can be stored on end if their shape or design will allow for it.
- Do not lean flexible items (such as posters or artwork) against walls to prevent warping. Try lying them down on tables, across box tops, or stand them upright between closely stacked boxes.
- Maximize excess storage within your unit by using items such as dresser or coffee table drawers to store smaller items.
- Remember! Use the length, width and height of your storage unit! In order to help prevent collapses, fill all packing boxes to full capacity.
Organize for ease of access!
A well organized storage space ensures you can access your items quickly and easily.
- If possible, create detailed storage labels for each of your boxes. You may also wish to use note cards or color coding to help you quickly locate ‘zones’ such as kitchen items, personal documents, etc. Create a contents list to take with you!
- Keep similar items near each other and use uniform (same size) boxes for easier stacking and labeling.
- Keep fragile or delicate items well packed, clearly labeled, and close together.
- DO NOT store hazardous materials of any type. (i/e flammable, explosive, corrosive or poisonous) this includes gasoline tanks that have not been thoroughly cleaned.
For additional storage tips or resources, Contact our representatives!